JOB TITLE: Team Manager, Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League
EMPLOYER: Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Coach and Chairperson
RESPONSIBLE FOR: no staff responsibilities
SALARY BAND: Voluntary, expenses covered
HOURS OF WORK: Such hours as are necessary to fulfil the requirements of your position to the satisfaction of Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League, and may include work in evenings, on weekends and public holidays as required. During the programme you will be expected to be with the squad at all times during training and competition.
LOCATION: Mobile workplace including training venues and to include time at training camps and competition/tournaments.
TENURE: This job will be offered for the term of the contract
PERIOD OF NOTICE: 30 days
To assist in the planning and lead on the delivery of a world class operations plan for the Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League team
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- To contribute to planning in the areas of travel, accommodation, meals and equipment
- To manage all team travel logistics in conjunction with the Chair and to execute the logistics plan during the campaign
- To work effectively with the Scotland Head Coach and the Chair of Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League during the planning and execution stages of the programme
- To create and manage the Scotland operations budget in conjunction with the Chair
- To assist in the collection of information for Scotland eligibility and registration forms
- To perform special duties as assigned during team travel
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- Effective leader with a proven track record of successfully leading teams and/or groups
- Experience in developing and executing a logistics plan for teams and/or groups – ideally this will include managing sports teams
- Has a “can do” attitude, focusing on solutions to problems
- Effective administrator who has experience producing planning documents and reports
- Committed to continuous personal and organisational improvement
- Conveys an image that is consistent with Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League values, demonstrating qualities, traits and demeanour that has a positive performance effective on other staff members
- Working knowledge of key partners: Scotland RL, Sports Councils, Local Authorities, The RFL, etc.
- Willing to work irregular hours and travel extensively both within the UK and overseas, with overnight stays and weekend work
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation through appropriate processes of consultation and the mutual agreement of both parties.
To apply, please send your to: Jamie Seery by email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 18th October 2015.